How Grid-tied PV System Works?
1. The installed array of PV Panels produces DC Power by gathering energy from sunlight and separating electrons to make a current.
2. This DC power is then sent to an inverter, which:
a. matches the exact alternating current and frequency of your building’s grid
b. and converts the Direct current of the panels to Alternating Current
3. The power that is converted is then transmitted to the nearest load
a. If the building consumes more than what the solar produces, the supplement is taken from the original source of power
b. No switches are necessary with this system. Power usage is done automatically.
c. Batteries not required
4. While the solar power is being consumed, the MERALCO meter will move less, as the energy requirement from the electric company is reduced during the day time.
5. Overall Meralco bill reads a lower demand/consumption – Power bill is therefore reduced.
6. Excess power produced by Solar and not consumed by grocery is sent out to Meralco and can be credited to the overall bill of the facility through the newly implemented Net-Meteringd process.
Welcome on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn for more interaction with us.